By Elmer Beauregard
When I heard the news that Dayton has had a change of heart and now wants to to shrink Government, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Governor Dayton wants to have an “Un-Session” where they roll-back the size of Government. I was shocked, he sounds like a Tea Partier all of a sudden, was he kidnapped and replaced by his good twin? The press is just reporting it like this is a normal thing that Democrats do. What? This is like PETA holding a Pig Roast.
I don’t think he really means it, he is probably just doing it because it’s election time again and realizes the Democrats being the single Party in power over-reached last session and they’re trying to prevent a backlash.
But just in case he is serious he is asking for ideas to roll-back government, here’s a few suggestions I can think of.
1. Repeal all the taxes you just passed last session, the equipment repair tax, the warehouse tax, cigarette tax, clothing tax etc.
2. Get rid of the Next Generation energy act where power companies in Minnesota have to produce 1 1/2% less electricity every year, for who knows why. Not less emissions, LESS ELECTRICITY! Stupidest thing ever.
3. Legalize light bulbs.
4. Get rid of Obamacare the biggest boondoggle in history.
5. Stop subsidizing wind farms that are killing eagles and hawks.
6. Get rid of Ethanol mandates and subsidies.
7. Make it easier to start a company in Minnesota. We are ranked dead last in new business start-ups because of all the stupid regulations.
This is just a short list to get started. But we should all contact our representatives and let them know what we want cut.