Hi, there. I’m a Global Warming sceptic. By that I mean that I am sceptical of all but the first of the Ten Tenets of the Church of Global Warming, which are;
- The globe warmed over the course of the 20th century.
- The globe is warming right now.
- The global warming is going to continue in the future.
- This warming is unusual, unnatural, and unprecedented.
- This warming is an overall bad thing.
- This warming is caused mainly by increased CO2 levels in the atmosphere.
- Human CO2 emissions are responsible for most of the warming.
- Humans are capable of reducing their global CO2 emissions.
- A significant amount of warming could be avoided if humans reduced their CO2 emissions.
- The amount of CO2 emissions reductions that would be achieved by bringing in a CO2 tax will reduce the amount of global warming by a large enough amount as to be worth the economic pain that would come with the application of a CO2 tax.
Apparently, to be a true Warmist you must confirm your belief in every one of the Ten Tenets. Declare your scepticism in just one of these and you risk being banished from the Church as a heretic.
I concede the globe warmed approximately 1 degree Celsius over the course of the 20th century, but I have my doubts about the other nine Tenets. But if you are a devout believer in Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming (CAGW) and want to convert me to your religion then I’m going to tell you how you can do it.
The fourteen easy steps
- Step 1 – Stop making predictions that don’t come true.
- Step 2 – When you make a prediction, don’t just say something “might” happen.
- Step 3 – Don’t live your life like you don’t believe a word you’re saying.
- Step 4 – Stop the hate.
- Step 5 – Stop avoiding debate.
- Step 6 – Answer questions.
- Step 7 – Stop enjoying catastrophes.
- Step 8 – Don’t use invalid arguments.
- Step 9 – When you are wrong, admit it and apologise.
- Step 10 – Stop claiming that 97% of scientists agree that humans are warming the globe significantly.
- Step 11 – Stop lying. If you think it is okay to lie if it’s for a good cause, you are wrong.
- Step 12 – Rebuke your fellow Warmists if they act in an unscientific way.
- Step 13 – Stop blaming everything on Global Warming.
- Step 14 – Why are the only solutions always big-government “progressive” policies?
Step 1 – Stop making predictions that don’t come true
Like in 2006 when Kenneth Davidson said “Within a decade, most of us on spaceship Earth will face the prospect of choking, freezing, burning or drowning, and all of us are likely to be extremely uncomfortable unless measures are taken to reduce greenhouse gases now.” Well it is now 2014, 8 years into Kenneth’s 10-year prediction, and we didn’t reduce greenhouse gases, we actually increased them, and are most people on Earth choking, freezing, burning or drowning? Hardly. Conditions today are little different to 2006. There are thousands of similarly exaggerated ludicrous predictions that can be found on the internet if you bother to look. When you make a prediction and it doesn’t come true, it makes me sceptical of your position. So stop it.
Read the rest of the article here.